As part of our commitment to ecologically sustainable development (ESD) principles, we measure ourselves against the following criteria:
- Water and resource conservation – Marley has installed systems to enable reuse of water, closely monitors water leakage and additional water settling facilities.
- Recycling Programs – Marley runs recycling programs with industry partners where plastic pipes from site are returned to Marley for recycling.
- Energy consumption and management – Marley is committed to the reduction of its energy consumption and has targets in place to ensure this is achieved.
- Avoiding the use of environmentally damaging raw materials – No lead or cadmium stabilisers and pigments are used in the Marley product process.
- Waste minimisation by recycling process materials – Between 2007 and 2013 Marley reduced its waste to landfill by 57% and now only 1% of production waste goes to landfill.
- Pollution reduction – Marley does not discharge any trade waste into the public storm water system