Marley began its New Zealand story right back in 1957 trading as a vinyl flooring contractor and retailer in Three Lamps, Ponsonby. After a couple of years, we setup shop in Manurewa, Auckland. Here we started manufacturing our vinyl flooring systems locally, before transitioning into the world of PVC and Polyethylene pipe systems focused on quality, innovation and long-lasting customer relationships.
An iconic Kiwi brand, Marley has grown to become one of New Zealand’s largest manufacturers in the plastics industry. Involved with extruded and injection moulded products, Marley manufactures using PVC, Polyethylene and Polybutylene. Belonging to the Aliaxis group has also provided Marley with access to thousands of new products around the world.
- In 1957 Marley New Zealand began trading as a vinyl flooring contractor and retailer, sourcing product from the International group, Marley PLC.1957 Trading Begins
- In 1959 Marley began manufacturing vinyl flooring in Manurewa, Auckland. The company still operates from the same site today.1959 Manufacturing in Manurewa
- Early in the 1970’s the New Zealand Government removed import licensing and tariffs on flooring and this exposed Marley to international competition on a scale it could not compete with. A strategic decision was made to exit flooring and take the business into PVC pipe and fittings.1970s A Change In Direction
- Jacks initial rise to fame was in the late 80’s-early 90’s when he became the major animated character for the Marley TV commercial as the singing and dancing version to the soundtrack "Singing in the rain" by Gene Kelly. The song and Duck sliding down the drainpipe and dancing in puddles became an icon and over the ensuing years became the ‘unofficial face of Marley’.1980s The Marley Duck-"Jack"
- During the 1970’s and 1980’s Marley grew from a small player in a crowded market to the market leader. This was achieved through growing the product range organically and through the acquisition of other market players, most notably CHH Plastics in 1989.1989 Growth and Acquisiton
- 1994 Achieved ISO9001 Quality Management accreditation
- Jack the Duck makes a brief return to the small screen with a cameo appearance on Marley’s latest TVC, featured riding a Jetski through Marley spouting and downpipes.1998 Jack Returns
- The world’s leading supplier of plastic products for the wider building market.1999 Acquired by Etex( Now known as Aliaxis)
- Marley became the first plastics manufacturer in New Zealand to achieve this accreditation.2004 Achieved ISO14001 Environment Management accreditation
- In September of 2011 Marley launched the Marley Stratus Design Series in Marley’s Typhoon spouting and 80mm round downpipe available in titanium and copper hybrid-metallic finishes. Inspired by nature the Marley Stratus Design Series is created with style and durability in mind.2011 Stratus Design Series Launched
- Marley New Zealand's PVC products are made using Best Environmental Practice (BEP) and as such attract credits under the NZ Green Building Council's Green Star rating system for commercial buildings.2013 BEP Certification April 2013
- 2014 New RP80® 80MM round downpipe system
- 2015 two new colours launched
- 2016 Marley Marketing Reigns Supreme
- 2017 Curve® and twist® arrive
- 2018 Marley ARMA® - The ultimate defence
- 2019 60 years manufacturing in new zealand