Products in the Marley Stratus Design Series® are very durable having been designed to withstand New Zealand’s unique UV rays and harsh weather elements. They also feature the same components found with all Marley spouting and downpipe systems, ensuring installation remains simple and efficient.
Full installation instructions can be found in our brochure library.
However, the hybrid metallic finish does require some additional care during handling, storage and maintenance to make certain your spouting and downpipe system creates a striking design statement that lasts.
If storing Marley uPVC spouting and downpipe systems for a long period of time, the product should be kept in its original polyethylene sleeving and the fittings kept in their cartons. Both should be stored inside a building, out of direct sunlight.
- Profiles should be well supported and stored on a flat surface to avoid deformation. Avoid stacking too many bundle packs to prevent overloading. A maximum of 4 packs high is recommended.
- Fittings supplied in cartons should be stored under cover in a cool dry place and remain packed until required for installation.
Solvent welding MCS must be securely stored in a cool place, out of direct sunlight and away from any heat source. If the only option is to store the spouting and downpipe for long periods in strong sunlight, they should also be covered with a light coloured opaque sheet.
- Marley uPVC spouting and downpipe systems are strong, lightweight and therefore easy to handle.
- Both spouting and downpipes are packed into strong polyethylene sleeving to prevent damage during transport and when stored. When carrying bundle packs ensure they are lifted clear of the ground to avoid dragging, which could damage the ends of the product. When removing lengths from the sleeving, check that the external surface is facing up and handle with care to ensure that the profiles do not rub against each other.
- During installation, handle the lengths with care to avoid damage to the exterior.
- To preserve the appearance of the profiles and fittings, when products are delivered to site, or left on the building site for a long period of time, they should be placed inside a storage building out of direct sunlight.
To ensure the Marley spouting and downpipe system maintains its performance and appearance.
- Regularly clear the inside of the spouting of leaves, silt, or other debris that can obstruct the flow of water and create additional load on the brackets and joints. This will prolong the life cycle and ensure full performance of the system.
- Water overflow is often the result of outlet blockages so it is recommended they are clear of debris at all times. The use of a Marley outlet strainer (RWST) is recommended to prevent large debris from entering the downpipe.
- Expansion joiners are designed with an EDPM rubber seal creating water tightness between the two sliding parts of the fitting. Over time the lubricated rubber seal may lose its sliding capability and this can be resolved by unclipping the joiner, cleaning the seal and lubricating it with a silicone based lubricant before reassembling.
- To maintain the appearance of the system the exterior of the spouting can be washed annually using warm soapy water and a soft bristled brush or cloth. Simply rinse off with clean water.