COMPRESSION FITTINGS – RURAL
1. What pressure rating are Philmac3G Metric fittings rated to?
1600 kpa or PN16 or 16bar
2. What material are the 3G Metric Compression fitting components made from?
- Body and nut is polypropylene
- split ring and Acetal Spacer
- nylon seal and nitrile rubber
3. How does the 3G Metric fitting seal?
The action of tightening the nut pushes the seal into the compression chamber which compresses the seal between the wall of the fitting and the pipe.
4. Can you perform live installations with a 3Gmetric fitting (i.e. water flowing through the pipe)?
Yes – because the metric slide and tighten technology enables the pipe to be inserted easily into the fitting without any interference on the seal.
5. What pipes does the UTC take?
Galvanised, PVC, copper, lead, ABS, stainless steel and PE.
6. How far do you have to insert pipe into the UTC?
Up to the stop indicator which is on the body of the fitting – the pipe should be witness marked to ensure correct insertion depth. Refer to the installation guide in the Marley UTC Flyer on this website.
7. Do you have a fitting to join steel to PE?
Yes, the fitting is our Universal Transition Coupling or UTC for short.