As part of our commitment to ecologically sustainable development (ESD)
principles, we measure ourselves against the following criteria:
- Management Systems – Marley was the first plastic manufacturer in NZ to achieve ISO14001 registration (attained in 2004). View our Quality Policy here.
- Water and resource conservation – Marley has installed systems to enable reuse of water, closely monitors water leakage and installed additional water settling facilities. This has resulted in the reduction of water consumption by 63% since 2007.
- Recycling Programs – Marley runs recycling programs with industry partners where plastic pipes from site are returned to Marley for recycling
- Energy consumption and management – Marley is committed to the reduction of its energy consumption and has targets in place to ensure this is achieved
- Avoiding the use of environmentally damaging raw materials – No lead or cadmium stabilisers and pigments are used in the Marley production process
- Waste minimisation by recycling process materials – Between 2007 and 2013 Marley reduced its waste to landfill by 57% and now only 1% of production waste goes to landfill
- Pollution reduction – Marley does not discharge any trade waste into the public storm water system
- Protection of the natural environment – Marley is committed to minimising its impact on the natural environment and continually evaluates its processes and procedures to ensure this. Refer to our environmental policy for more details.